Saturday, March 23, 2013

Progress on the challenge and food

So I've completed 3 Days of the, 24 Day Challenge, it's the morning of day 4. I haven't taken my measurements yet because I will wait for the results on that. BUT I have weighed myself and I've lost 5 pounds so far! I'm not exactly brave enough to write the number on here yet, because the number on the scale isn't what matters. I weigh more than I look that's for sure. But it's whatever. Haha

Honestly, I've felt really tired these past few days. I am so lethargic it's not funny. And, I am out of breath with simple things. I don't exactly know what's going on, but I'm sticking with the challenge because I feel like this is part of the process of ridding myself of the toxins that are within my body.

It has almost been a week since I had my last soda. I have a bottle of Coke Zero in my fridge as I write this and it's calling my name. I'm trying to be so strong. I haven't gotten a headache from the withdrawal (the icky feelings mentioned above quite possibly could be from this withdrawal).

I guess I should write what I've been eating:
Breakfast: meal replacement shake in chocolate--tastes JUST like pudding!
Lunch: turkey, broccoli, brown rice
Dinner: salad & shrimp, or breakfast casserole (so good).


For the casserole:
2 whole eggs
1-1.5 cups egg whites
Veggies of your choice
I used red & green bell peppers, onion, garlic, spinach
A little bit of cheese

Sauté the onions, garlic, and veggies minus the spinach in olive oil.
Whisk the whole eggs and egg whites together
Line your 9x13 glass baking dish with Pam or olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 325
Remove veggies from heat. Put 1/2 the veggies in the baking dish and set the other half aside
Sauté the spinach in the same pan as you cooked the veggies, let wilt just a little or to your liking then place spinach on top of the veggies in the pan.
Cover that with the egg mixture.
Place the remaining veggies on top.
Bake for 15 min. Remove, add cheese of you want, bake another 10-15 minutes or until you stick a knife in the middle of the egg mixture and it comes out clean. (Note cheese may stick to the knife).



For the shrimp:

Using a cast iron skillet on the stove top. Cover in a bit of olive oil and a pinch of coarse sea salt. Once hot, place thawed shrimp (Shrimp from the USA please. I honestly don't trust shrimp from overseas) in the skillet and cover with Greek Seasoning. Cook until pink, covering both sides of the shrimp with the seasoning.





Greek seasoning is one of my favorites. It is literally good on pretty much all 'meat' I've used it on. Haven't tried it on fish yet but I do have some in the freezer that I plan on playing with today. I am trying to come up with a fruity salsa but everything I think of has mango or kiwi and I don't have those... And I don't know if it would taste good ..sounding good in my head and tasting good are two different things.

So I think I will do a lemon/lime citrus and apple sauce/salsa. Wish I had cilantro. Anyway. This post became longer than I imagined. I'll keep you all updated

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment