Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Laser Diaries Part Two.

Today I had my second laser hair removal appointment.  I have been waiting for this for weeks!  I left work a little earlier than I should have because I was so excited.  I ended up having to wait until 8:15 to go back to get started but that's okay.

I shaved on Monday so I thought I'd have enough hair growth but when I felt my legs before my appointment I hardly had any growth!  I exfoliated on Tuesday and Wednesday to prepare for the appointment.  I also took an ibuprofen (I would suggest sticking with my Tylenol Arthritis).

We got started and we stuck with the 20% power for the laser which is what she did the last time.  I realized the fatty part of the legs does not hurt.  The part that is most sensitive is around the shin, the front of the ankle area, and the ankle.  I couldn't even feel it when she went over my knees.

The whole appointment took about 45 minutes which is not bad timing at all.  We decided next appointment to go up to 30% power and come back in 8 weeks.  So I'll be laser free all December (boo).

There is a common misconception about laser hair removal.  A lot of people think that after one visit you'll be hair free, or you'll never have to shave again, which is incorrect.  Your hair grows in cycles so after one visit your hair could be going through a different cycle.  I am lucky to have been able to see a difference with one treatment. My hair is growing back spotty which is fine with me.  I don't have to shave as much.  I actually am thinking about starting a "hair calendar" to note when I shave and how soon it takes for me to feel stubble.

My legs have been tingling and slightly burning today but I don't see that as a big deal since I was just shot with a laser on my legs for 45 minutes straight.

I still give this whole thing two thumbs up.  We shall see how I feel in a few weeks!

Until next time,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment