Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mascara

Dogs may be man's best friend but I'm pretty sure there is a law some where that says mascara is a girl's best friend (right behind diamonds).  :)

I realized today that I really don't like curved brushes on a mascara wand.  I am sure there is a magical reason as to why the brush is curved but I can't seem to figure it out.  The only thing I successfully achieve by using a curved mascara wand is having mascara all over my eyelid.

Morgan and I got to discussing the logistics behind the wand.  She likes a little thicker mascara wand while I prefer the thinner wands.  I love the thinner wands because you can squeeze into the creases of your eye and coat every lash with the magical formula that is mascara.  I didn't actually ask her why she prefers a larger wand but I'm sure she has a good answer.

Before I even touch my mascara I always use an eyelash curler.  This contraption might be a little scary to those who have never used one before but it's the one tool that you can keep in your make-up bag that will immediately make your eyes pop without even applying any products to your face!  I use a tried-and-true metal eyelash curler but they now have heated ones and all sorts of things!

First I pump my eyelashes with the curler 2-3 times and make sure each lash is lifted to about the same height. I then apply a coat or two of mascara to my lashes.  Some days I wear eyeliner and others I don't so if that's what ya fancy put it on there too! :)


So with the great debate about brushes, which do you prefer when putting mascara on--curved or straight?

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment