Friday, October 26, 2012

Trails!

As you all know, I am trying to get right with my body and get back in shape.  I'm doing this the healthy way and without stepping foot in a gym! (I'm trying to not go to one we'll see if that happens.) So I've been doing at least 30 minutes of activity a day. I'm slacking today and I'm about to tell y'all why.

Yesterday Morgan (y'all will be meeting her soon) and myself went to the Town Lake Trail in Downtown Austin.  We figured we would do the 3 mile trail. So we went at it.  I am very out of shape.  I have no shame letting anyone know that.  So, I walked most of it but I would run a little bit and try again and again.  She is a fantastic motivator and trainer.  We lost track of time and when we got back to our cars, it had been 90 minutes!  We also realized our 3 mile trek ended up being over 4 miles.  We estimated 4.25 miles.  I got home last night feeling AWESOME!  I was so happy and excited that I didn't make us stop once to sit (I did ask but then talked myself out of it).

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/149072681

This is the route we actually did.  It is obviously over 4.25 miles so then I was even more stoked!  I took some Tylenol Arthritis and some prescription anti-inflammatory medicine I have and I didn't feel a thing.  I also made sure to stretch extra to keep the muscles lean and loose.

I'm only starting to feel it today, about an hour again to be exact.  So the Tylenol and meds are out of my system since it's been over 24 hours.  I suppose I'll take some more so I can actually move tomorrow! lol

The exciting thing is I'm very proud of both of us for actually doing something we put our minds to.  It's pretty exciting to do something for the sake of your well-being.  I'm weighing in tomorrow for the first time to see if there is any change from one week of diet and exercise.  I don't see a difference or feel one so maybe the scale will show something.  If it doesn't show a change, I won't get discouraged because I know that I've been faithful with this for a week and it only takes 3 more weeks for me to see an actual difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment